Monday, July 29, 2013

Moving on to Tustin

I was dealing with some personal issues this last week, but luckily I seem to have worked through them and now I am focused once again on reporting.

The Tiger and I spent a lot of time last week and driving to and from Long Beach to Fullerton, covering the Tustin Little League All Stars who were participating deep in a tournament. I have been transferred from the Santa Ana Register to the Tustin News team and I am excited to have been given the opportunity to cover this community.

Our other assignments involved driving to Santa Ana to speak to a world war 2 veteran whose distinguished military career included a stint as a helicopter pilot for Dwight D. Eisenhower. He was a P.O.W. when get got shout down in an aerial mission for years, until he was rescued and met General Patton himself!

Needless to say this was one of the highlights of the week, to meet and profile such an interesting person and he is 90 years old and still active in the community!!!

Well, that's it for now. Pleas support your local newspaper and purchase one today or subscribe!

No comments: